Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Venice


Last month I visited Venice. It was my second trip to Venice. The first time was in the Christmas time, so it was quite cold there. But streets were beautifully illuminated and Christmas mood was in the air. To be honest I waited more from my first visit of Venice. But the second time I had felt this inimitable ambience of old buildings, narrow streets, bridges and canals. This time the weather was really beautiful. A lot of sun, flowers, sea… I enjoyed it very much.

There is no doubt that Venice is absolutely unique. Many composers were living and creating theirs music here. Albinoni,Veracini,Monteverdi, Zarlino, Gabrieli are only few of them. There is even a term Venetian school to describe the composers working in Venice at the turn of the sixteenth century. Baroque composer Antonio Vivaldi was born in Venice.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...