Friday, September 12, 2008

Schubert Die Biene (The Bee)

I was really surprised, when I knew that the author of this famous violin piece The Bee is not Franz Schubert, more exactly – not that Franz Schubert who is the author of Die schöne Müllerin. Do you know that there were two composers with the name Franz Schubert? Actually the real name of Schubert from Dresden was Francois, but in German this name translates as Franz, so this coincidence leads sometimes to confusions. And whole my life I thought that The Bee is written by that famous Franz Schubert! And only when I saw life years of the composer of this piece I began to search any kind of information and opened this fact. The life years of famous Franz Schubert (let us name him “From Wien”) are (1797-1828). He lived a very short life but had written a lot of works.
That other Schubert lived in 1808-1878. There is not much information about him. I know that he was a concertmaster and composer, studied violin by Rolla and Lafont. And now I know that that was he who created The Bee – virtuosic piece for violin. I think The Bee (Die Biene) is the most popular composition of Franz Schubert aus Dresden.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...