Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sydney Smith. Fantasia La Traviata for Piano

I'm a big opera fan, you know. And I was so happy, when I’ve found sheet-music by Sydney Smith some time ago! This author has a few fantasies on themes from operas by various composers. I was deeply interested in «La Traviata». I’ve been right looking for music scores my pupils could play at the concert. And I set my choice on this piece. It contains everything what I needed: beautiful music and numerous playing techniques, which can effectively adorn the performance.
The piece’s playing techniques are very diverse. You can work out the chord-playing technique (octaves occur often) by practicing this fantasy. You can demonstrate your skills in playing cantilena (beautiful melodies are enough here). And the musicians, who succeed in fast virtuosic playing, having good fingering techniques, will also enjoy this piece. It has a large number of passages.
So, you can give a very spectacular performance and show all your performing skills due to Fantaisie brillante sur l'opéra de Verdi La Traviata, Op.103, which has everything you may need. And though you have to take some pains in its practicing, believe me, the thing is worth the effort. I recommend it strongly.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...