Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Contemporary Music from Russia

The new music I've recently discovered comes from Russia. Contemporary composer Dmitri Capyrin creates a highly refined and mental music for different instruments.Here I'd like to say a few words about his compositions.

And a Light through Foliage
for Trio (Piano, Flute, Cello)

When I’ve heard this piece for the very first time I was deeply impressed by the excellent mastery of its composer to transmit to the listener such a realistic image of his own impressions. Listening to this music I have dual feelings: on the one hand it is a light inexplicable anxiety, on the other hand it’s a little bit morbid joy that hides in blind corners of the heart, ready to break out at any moment.


House of Cards

for Quartet (Piano, Clarinet, Violin, Cello)

I like this piece very much because of its exceptional fragility and charming lightness. It touches gently the secret chords of my soul, makes me think about how delicate our life is, threatened on every corner of the fatal blow of fate, which invisible hand can destroy it like we destroy the house of cards. With one push. With no regret.

You'd better listen these compositions yourself and download scores of Russian contemporary music, in case you like it.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...