Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"Rolling in the Deep" in American Sign Language

I believe each one of us has at least once found the proof to the fact that we don’t value something strong enough until we lose it. To think about, we are so happy to live, to be able to breathe, hear and see the surrounding world, while some people don’t have even that. I’ve always been wondering in horror what it would be like to be deprived of some of the important parts of the world perception like seeing or hearing. And I honestly doubt I would have enough strength to cope with that and be able to enjoy life to the fullest. And people like this are actually not few, and I do look up to them for their willpower and character.

But even more of my admiration is caused by those who have gone a bit further and have made it possible for people who can’t hear to ‘see music’. Here is a great work (and it’s not the only one) that was created by a team of professionals, deaf professionals. The world famous hit by Adele “Rolling In The Deep” was re-created in American sign language. The music video was directed by Jules Dameron with Amber Zion starring as main actress. It is a very emotional thing to watch. I can’t put myself in deaf people' shoes but I do hope that they enjoyed it as much as I was touched by it.


Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...