Wednesday, August 20, 2008

L. van Beethoven. Für Elise.

Today an idea flashed across my mind. Why “Für Elise” (or “For Elise”) became so famous and so popular in our time? What does this music have inside that allows it be so loved by thousands of people? And this people for the most part are not professional musicians.

Is there any magic in it, which makes listeners to keep in mind this well known melody? I remember that I began play piano only to play this “beautiful song”. And I enjoyed playing it very much. I used to play it with pushed right pedal to make sound more flying and streamed.

And I wanted to know, who this Elise was and why Beethoven dedicated this piece to her. At present I don’t listen and play this music more. But there are many people around me, who still like to play “Für Elise”. Even some of my friends time to time ask me if I have a sheet music of this piece.

If you are one of them you can find the sheet music of “Für Elise” (and this is actually the name of Beethoven’s bagatelle in A minor WoO 59) right here. Beethoven For Elise

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...