Monday, November 22, 2010

Contemporary Sheet Music

As a listener, if I had to choose between contemporary classical music and light modern music as for example pop or r&b songs, I would prefer light music. And this is a musician’s opinion too! Strange, isn’t it? Well, of course I should admit, it is my personal point of view, but I am very curious how many modern musicians are listening to contemporary classical music at home, so to say, just for fun… Do I play contemporary music myself? Yes, sometimes. But I should say that my students are not very happy having contemporary music in their repertoires. I think the contemporary piece in repertoire of pianists is the Must, not the Wish, sometimes. No competitions or serious recitals can avoid some kind of contemporary composition. And it’d better be interesting and valuable. And I am continuously looking for some new worthwhile compositions of contemporary composers. I would recommend one of the biggest and rapidly rising collections of contemporary sheet music both free and paid.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...