Saturday, October 16, 2010

Für Elise by L. van Beethoven

This is undoubtedly the most popular piece for piano ever composed. I have been playing Für Elise (For Elise) since I was 5. At that time I played only the first part with that beautiful theme everyone knows. And though now I am widely smiling, I should admit I did start piano lessons to be able to play Für Elise. I always thought there should be some magic in the Bagatelle WoO 59 in A minor, composed by Ludvig van Beethoven that makes it absolute favorite piece of my students and I am sure of many piano players around the globe. And though musicologists are not sure who that Elise was, I am so grateful to her – who ever she was – for her being in Beethoven’s life. And I believe Beethoven would have been named the greatest composer if he had composed just one this piece, the most famous classical piano music – Für Elise. Download the high quality sheet music of Für Elise, Ludvig van Beethoven’s Bagatelle WoO 59 in A minor.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...