Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto (Piano Transcription)

I love romantic music so much and perform romantic concertos for piano and orchestra with great pleasure! Sometimes I take scores at home, play a piano solo part and imagine the sound of an orchestra. Recently I’ve found scores with the piano transcription of a violin concerto by Mendelssohn. This was a Paraphrase of the composer Sydney Smith. He was able to merge the solo and orchestral part into one unity. Now, I enjoy learning of this piece. I wonder how Smith could keep all the beauty of the concert by Mendelssohn. The piece has practically lost nothing over the only piano sound. On the contrary, such pieces allow the pianists to perform the whole piece by themselves and immerse in the beauty of music. Especially as its difficulty level is not very high and many musicians could enjoy its practicing thus.
While performing of the piano transcription of the Mendelssohn's Violin concerto, you get into the world of a lone, misunderstood human soul, seeking for calm and serenity. I sometimes have this feeling by myself. May be that's why this work is so clear and close to me.

Haydn's Miracle Symphony No.102

They call Joseph Haydn the father in music. He is considered to be, indirectly, the father of both the symphony and the string quartet, hav...